adrian flux experiences please share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adrian flux experiences please share.

so after insuring my fiesta for a total of 9 days I've gone from everything being great with the policy and everything being accepted... to my no claims bonus proof no longer acceptable and them attempting to put the premium up by 860 pound... to which they got 2 words. then offering me an alternative policy that was 400 pound more that the original policy telling me there was nothing more they could to bring it back down..

so obviously i shopped about.. going through A -plan insurance they offered me the policy at 719 pound using the same insurance company adrain flux were usung but trying to sell to me at over 1400 pound...

now at the end if it all I've ended up paying adrian flux 381 pound in deposits payment and cancellation fees for basically **** all. i find it very strange that everything was all ok and acceptable when they sold me the policy and as soon as they get a chunk of money from me, everything changes...

anyone else had bad experiences like this with them or is it just me...??? i chose them because i always thought they were quite good... clearly i was mistaken...
    Take a look, Its old and rusty[URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html"]
    http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html[/URL]

Find out why it's not acceptable.

It's not a conspiracy, there will be reasons they can't accept, or a mistake somewhere

Comment

Mines auto renewed recently.
      All fine but somehow despite it being the same car for the last year and a half, they got a digit wrong on my registration and i got pulled off the police last night for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
        Find out why it's not acceptable.

It's not a conspiracy, there will be reasons they can't accept, or a mistake somewhere
        They have told me that it has expired as I haven't my own policy for the past 2 years.(witch I knew) But I had previously explained that to the guy that originaly sold me policy and he told me that they would still give me the discount.....
        Take a look, Its old and rusty[URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html"]
        http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html[/URL]

Comment

In that case you were sold the policy under certain terms (them honouring your expired discount being one them)
          As part of the data protection act, they will be required to keep all copies of call recordings for up to 6 years.

You can pay an admin fee and request a copy of the call recording then use that as evidence to raise a complaint to the insurance ombudsman.

If they agree to something then change their mind they're in breach of contract and certainly have no rights to bill you for that.

Comment

Your first step is the write a complaint letter and send it into Adrian Flux. This will be noted a complaint and will be notifiable to the FCA.

They will then listen to your call, if what you say is accurate then they should be offering you a full refund.
            Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Great advice above

Comment

Thanks. I will look into that I hadend even thought about that call being recorded. I'll get into that on Monday. I haven't paid the cancellation fee yet as I have 2 weeks before I have to pay it and I had planed on holding on to my money for as long as I can get away with.

Comment

Why? Will make no difference, U less you're one of those people convinced they're going to make interest in it

Comment

I have had quite a few bad experianced with AF

Didnt believe my job title, and I had to send them my work contract, didnt believe the outcome of a crash I had, wasnt my fault, so had to get a letter from my previous insurance to confirm it want my fault. Customer service is terrible. I dont think ill use them again, everything is just a hassle with them

Comment

They were a bit funny with my no claims. Because it was a renewal notice, that doubles as a proof of ncb if you cancel the policy. They said that because the reg was different on it, I had no proof that I hadn't taken out that policy aswell.
                      By the time I had the proof they wanted, I was outside the 2 weeks I had to provide documents, but they didn't try and sting me with any charges.

Comment

I am going to stick up for Flux here. Their charges are ridicilous but well set out in their terms of business. I imagine thier adviser get sick of been blamed for these charges when they have no choice.

Also my advice above should get your money back, you will need to lodge a complaint before going to the ombudsmen but hardcore advice is good if it comes to that.
                        Originally posted by Dave
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

|> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Working...
                          X