Motorhomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorhomes

Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

We've looked at them, being long-term caravanners, but the price & build quality have never made me want to buy one.

For a long trip I can see the appeal. But for holidays where you set up base and then go out places they're a bit of a mixed blessing. You have to take everything with you wherever you go, and many car parks won't let them in due to height restrictions - which can be a real pain when it comes to visiting somewhere that's busy.

The ones I've really liked are when someone buys a van and does their own conversion. A mate did one last year, the interior is all from a scrap caravan and it cost him less than a quarter of the price than buying a motorhome.

Having been caravanning for years I've seen a lot of changes in the quality of 'vans & motorhomes - and it's all been downhill. Now it's just me and the missus we bought an Eriba because they are built to last. If it was me - I'd put that kind of money into a Eriba caravan because they're well built, tow great, have a cult following, and when you sell it you'll get your money back from it. Plus - once you're pitched you can travel about in a normal car and when you get back at night it's all set up for you.

Have a look at the Automotive Leisure website Eriba Puck Familia Triton Troll at AutomotiveLeisure - they're down in Poole - but you get 'vans coming up for sale all over the country. And have a read on the Eriba owners forum. The UK Eriba Forum

If you don't like towing then look into doing your own conversion.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I think towing would be a problem for a lot of us as well Taurus, due to the license restrictions.

Comment

My mums had 2 VW conversions. And loved both.
        Before buying the second one they looked at something higher but decided against it since you're limited on where you can take a motor home. The T5 just drives like a big car.

Comment

Ive looked at converting an old ambulance into a motorhome, may do that, i reckon it can be done fairly cheap

Comment

I need to do a hell of a lot more research on them before I commit to anything, but the more I consider the types of weekends away, the more it appeals. I've seen plenty with bike racks on which would be great for weekends away mountain biking.
            I have something like these in mind:
            2004 ACE MILANO 4/5 berth Diesel in Boston | Auto Trader Motorhomes
            2005 LUNAR CHAMP 520 E 2.0 JTD LOW MILEAGE! Diesel in Notts | Auto Trader Motorhomes
            2004 SWIFT SUNDANCE 590 RS Swift Sundance 590 RS Diesel in Saltash | Auto Trader Motorhomes

I'll have a browse on that link you gave tomorrow Taurus. As always, all advice/discussion is appreciated.
            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I have been thinking of buying a caravan only something small as there only the 3 of us but havent seen anything nice looking for small money 2500 3000
                everything i looked at looked old and dated and worse for wear.
                didnt i see a thread that somone had converted a rigid lorry 7.5 ton could be heavier into a camper/mobile home thing or something dont think was on here was on allcorsa cant remeber where but they did a damn good job at it had a big sliding door at one side wasnt that expensive to do iirc

Comment

Comment

Found one, eBay
                    Originally posted by Dave
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Also you will need this on repeat
                      Originally posted by Dave
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Working...
                      X