Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire recommendations

Hi Guys,

Ibiza could do with decent tires as the budgets on it are useless.

I've been looking at maxxis maz1's and mitchelin pilot sport 3's which are well priced and seem to offer good performance.

Can anyone recommend other makes and websites to buy?

Thanks

Rainsport 3's

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
      Rainsport 3's
      Remember you had those on the corsa. May sound silly but guessing by the name they're more suited to wet weather?

Comment

They're good in the dry too. They'll wear quickly if you're constantly taking them round a track, but for normal use they're good.

I have the RainExpert 2 all round on my MX5 (didn't make the RainSport 3 in the size I needed) and the car grips so well in the wet. Put a couple of RainSport 3s on the front of Soph's D and it's loads better.
        [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/classified-ads/parts-for-sale/1043-big-clear-out-exhaust-suspension-etc"][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Big clear out of parts[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
        [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/732-sunny-melon-le-1-3-cdti"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa D Yellow LE[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
        [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/225-atlantis-blue-5-door"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa B Atlantis Blue[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
        [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/1301-1993-mazda-eunos-roadster"][B][COLOR="#006400"]Mazda Eunos V-Spec[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by nibnob21 View Post
          They're good in the dry too. They'll wear quickly if you're constantly taking them round a track, but for normal use they're good.

I have the RainExpert 2 all round on my MX5 (didn't make the RainSport 3 in the size I needed) and the car grips so well in the wet. Put a couple of RainSport 3s on the front of Soph's D and it's loads better.
          Thanks mate . I'll have a look into them and see what deals are about. Sounds like a safe bet.

Comment

Tyres*

Depends on what budget you have and if you want top of the range or mid range. Mid range the ones you have said will be fine, same with the rainsports. Personally though Ive always liked Bridgestone potenza's. They're expensive though.
            Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

I tend to stick to Toyo. Had them on the Corsa and got them on the MR2 now. They wear faster than most, but they're cheap for the amount of grip they have so its forgivable.
              They're not great in the wet, but not to the point of being dangerous, just don't drive like a knob and they're spot on.

Comment

Avoid anything claiming eco credentials. I am all for saving polar bears but not if it means driving on ice hockey pucks.

Comment

Auto grip are the best, have them on the bmw don't seem to have worn down at all lol

Comment

Continentals on front, and rainsports on the back. Only a 1.2, but have never slipped out even when was tesging it out and trying to make them

Comment

Nice range of decent makes then cheers guys.

There's a few good deals on Maxxix maz-3's at the moment which are the model following on from the popular maz-1's which are being discontinued.

Do any of you have experience with these?

Comment

Working...
                      X