Looking to buy Corsa D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy Corsa D

Helo guys i am Nicolas and i am looking to buy a 3 door Corsa D Automatic. Anything i have to check before buying a car? Any known faults ?
    I f anyone is selling anything like that pleas pm me or post it here.

Which engine are you looking at? The 1.3cdti is known to be troublesome, especially the early ones I think.
    I'm not massively clued up on the D myself, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Which engine are you looking at? The 1.3cdti is known to be troublesome, especially the early ones I think.
      I'm not massively clued up on the D myself, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly.
      i am looking for a petrol 1.4

Comment

That's one of the better engines from what I've heard.

Comment

Look for a good service history. The 1.4 is an enlarged version of the Suzuki derived chain driven engine - it's reliable if serviced properly, but doesn't do well if neglected. Look for oil changes at least every 7k - much more than that over a long period of time tends to lead to problems with the timing chain. Check the coolant has been changed if it's an early one.

Check the automatic transmission very thoroughly, ie make sure you do a long test drive including motorway and town driving. They are expensive to fix if they go wrong. Look for signs of leaking fluid from the transmission.

Make sure all the warning lights are operating - ie no-one has removed a bulb to hide a problem.

Now the new model is out prices will drop on the D so it's a good time to buy.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
            Look for a good service history. The 1.4 is an enlarged version of the Suzuki derived chain driven engine - it's reliable if serviced properly, but doesn't do well if neglected. Look for oil changes at least every 7k - much more than that over a long period of time tends to lead to problems with the timing chain. Check the coolant has been changed if it's an early one.

Check the automatic transmission very thoroughly, ie make sure you do a long test drive including motorway and town driving. They are expensive to fix if they go wrong. Look for signs of leaking fluid from the transmission.

Make sure all the warning lights are operating - ie no-one has removed a bulb to hide a problem.

Now the new model is out prices will drop on the D so it's a good time to buy.

thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X