Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily car suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daily car suggestions


  • #2
    How many miles do you do daily?

    You get could either an FR TDI Ibiza like the one above, or a Sport. Both use the PD130 engine that remaps to around 300lb/ft torque / 170bhp with no other mods and should do around 40-60mpg. Only problem is, if the clutch goes it's expensive.

    Would avoid the Clios you mentioned though. Horrible cars for reliability and gutless engines unless you like driving to the limiter everywhere.

    Comment


    • #3
      Will be around 40 which is half A and half B roads. I've looked at the diesels but I don't really fancy one which is why I was looking at the 1.8 20vt cupra which is supposed to get upto 38/40mpg on a run.

      Yeah? I've been in a 182 before and thought it was good but that was being raced about lol!

      The cupra above, is that a sensible price as I can't find many so I don't have a figure of what they go for.

      Comment


      • #4
        38-40 on a run with the 1.8 turbo is pretty optimistic. I'd say more like 20-35mpg depending on how you drive. The MPG meter that tells you the MPG in VW, Audi, Seat ect always reads around 10mpg more than you're actually getting.
        I've seen people get under 10mpg in the Cupra petrols flooring it around B roads & town

        The price above is good though. Check to see though if they did any changes on the facelift models. Facelifts happened half way into 2006 and for the FR which i have, they made a lot more improvements and the price was about the same.

        Comment


        • #5
          Where's it located at?

          I would go for CTR out of that list though
          Originally posted by Dave
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

          Comment


          • #6
            I would take a CTR over a 1.8T VAG mobile anyday

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
              38-40 on a run with the 1.8 turbo is pretty optimistic. I'd say more like 20-35mpg depending on how you drive. The MPG meter that tells you the MPG in VW, Audi, Seat ect always reads around 10mpg more than you're actually getting.
              I've seen people get under 10mpg in the Cupra petrols flooring it around B roads & town

              The price above is good though. Check to see though if they did any changes on the facelift models. Facelifts happened half way into 2006 and for the FR which i have, they made a lot more improvements and the price was about the same.
              Oh really? That's something to bear in mind then. I'll try find out what was improved on the facelift and go from there.
              Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Where's it located at?

              I would go for CTR out of that list though
              West Yorkshire/Leeds and CTR??

              Comment


              • #8
                CTR - Civic Type R.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Makes sense haha. Well at the moment I'm finding it hard to find anything half decent in the southeast. All the well priced/looked after cars seem to be Yorkshire way and further north -_-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did you not check out that Ibiza?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      eBay

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've messaged him again just to see if he'll reply. Yeah a few have gone for that price with 60k on the clock and 05.

                          I've asked if I can view it just to see if its exactly what I'm after. CTR is still on the cards but its waiting for one to come up more locally to view it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I wouldn't buy a car from West Yorkshire.

                            If you see a car you like in the north east though I'm happy to give it a quick check over
                            Originally posted by Dave
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's first black seat is my mates car, he's had a few problems with it but he's done a lot of work to get it right

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X