Is this a good car diagnostic tool ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good car diagnostic tool ?

I have been looking to buy a new diagnostic tool that reads more than the basic obd fault codes, i have come across a device called the Thinkdiag and it looks quite good. According to the website is covers OE code reading and special functions but i wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the device before i bought it. The one i am looking is on this website THINKDIAG UK - Advanced Diagnostics From Your Smartphone

I can't say for sure, the company looks a little dubious at best. It was set up 7 months ago, has 1 director, and the registered address is just a virtual office (essentially they forward on the mail which might make it difficult to actually contact the company should it be something not quite legitimate).
    It also seems to be selling another company's tool as their own, as from what I can tell the Thinkdiag is actually sold by ThinkCar® Official Site | Bring the car closer to you - it's possible the site you found is just a reseller/dealer so it's not necessarily an issue.

Looks like you can pay with Paypal, so I'd suggest checking if they'll cover your refund if it's not as good as they suggest.

Comment

I have checked the company and i am happy that they are legit, they have a LTD company number and VAT number and are the top seller it seems on eBay for the Thinkdiag as there email is at the bottom of the auction. You have a good point about the PayPal protection, i will check that out. My concern is not so much the company selling the device but more so if the device is as good as it is advertised to be so the Paypal protection could help here. Still would be nice to hear from anyone who actually has one of these devices. They have a coverage checker so surely it should be expected to do what is stated there for my car.

Comment

Originally posted by cgawelko View Post
        I have checked the company and i am happy that they are legit, they have a LTD company number and VAT number and are the top seller it seems on eBay for the Thinkdiag as there email is at the bottom of the auction. You have a good point about the PayPal protection, i will check that out. My concern is not so much the company selling the device but more so if the device is as good as it is advertised to be so the Paypal protection could help here. Still would be nice to hear from anyone who actually has one of these devices. They have a coverage checker so surely it should be expected to do what is stated there for my car.
        I have a bluetooth OBD dongle thing made by Carista, it's really good and cheap for VW so I assume this works similarly (though Carista requires a subscription which is why it's so cheap up front, so I only pay when I need to as I also own VCDS for VW - it's also generally for German cars only).
        If you're happy with the company I would suggest giving it a go, the reviews for the product itself seem fairly good as far as I can tell (plenty of legitimate Youtube channels have done reviews on it, assuming it's the same device Thinkcar sell, which it looks like it is), and with the Paypal protection you're hopefully not really risking anything.

If you do go for it it'd be great to know how you get on

Comment

Working...
        X