No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

New member here. I am from Johannesburg South Africa and I have the 2003 Corsa 1.4iS Utility.

I would like to follow protocol in this site so decided to introduce myself first before asking questions etc. So here I am!

Would the Mechanical section be the right place to ask about backfiring (under engine braking) and misfiring?

thanks in advance!

Oh, and Happy New year to all!!

Welcome, is the utility the pickup style Corsa? We don't get them here

Yes that's the correct section, if you're not sure just post and one of us can move it if required
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Hi Welcome to the forum

Do bear in mind that the Corsas that have been assembled in Port Elizabeth SA can have some significant differences to European ones. We do not have utilities in Europe for a start. Also the 1.4 engine fitted may be a completely different type to what is used in europe. Cars assembled locally from knocked down kits often raid the parts bin from other GM models and modification dates are not always the same. SA might actually get a new engine etc BEFORE we do in europe,

Ask away, but it might help to add a photo of your engine bay or the relevant component so we can spot any differences.

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
        Welcome, is the utility the pickup style Corsa? We don't get them here

Yes that's the correct section, if you're not sure just post and one of us can move it if required
        Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes indeed. It is the pickup style. Very usefull for my business and transporting my dirtbike on weekends

Thanks, I will post my questions in there

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
          Hi Welcome to the forum

Do bear in mind that the Corsas that have been assembled in Port Elizabeth SA can have some significant differences to European ones. We do not have utilities in Europe for a start. Also the 1.4 engine fitted may be a completely different type to what is used in europe. Cars assembled locally from knocked down kits often raid the parts bin from other GM models and modification dates are not always the same. SA might actually get a new engine etc BEFORE we do in europe,

Ask away, but it might help to add a photo of your engine bay or the relevant component so we can spot any differences.
          Thanks also for the reply. Much appreciated. I would have been disappointed if they were not different LOL!!! This being SA! hahahaha

Comment

Working...
          X