My first Corsa !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Corsa !!

Just posting a few pics of the 2008 1.2i Active I bought last Saturday. I think we were meant for each other as I've supported Manchester United since 1957 and the first and last letters of the registration number are M and U and the number is 58 which was the year of the Munich air crash. Also I bought the car in Barnsley and two players, Tommy Taylor and Mark Jones who died in the crash were from Barnsley.

Mileage is just 58,850 which for a 10 year old car is excellent.

Everything going fine and its a pleasure to have power steering. I lived and worked in the US for five years and delivered new cars all over the lower 48. They ALL had power steering and I rather got used to it !!

Derek

Nice purchase Dude
    Those seats look immaculate! Looks like there's no bolster wear at all!

I'm interested in the US driving job Anything fancy you got to drive over there?
    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Can't say I know much of Manchester united, but nice tidy car!

Comment

Hi Michael

First, I'm not sure where to click to "like" a response or comment so apologies if I haven't been able to do so !!! Duh !!

I had a wonderful time in the States. My employer had a contract with all the major leasing companies to deliver or collect vehicles that THEIR corporate clients wanted moving. Most of the companies were major pharmaceutical companies such as Astra Zeneca and if say one of their reps in Alabama needed a newer car and some other rep in Massachusetts was being upgraded, they would want the car personally driven from MA to AL. Most cars were typical reps cars such as Chevy Impalas and Ford Taurus's though I did get quite a few nice Volvos to move. I liked the Pontiacs as they looked good, drove well and excellent mpg. Later I drove small trucks up to 10,000 GVW mainly from Indiana to California. These weren't so much fun to drive of course but the pay was better. Used to drive about 10 hours a day (about 500 miles) and was on the road for 2 to 3 weeks living out of motels before a job took me to within reach of home which was in Kansas City, Missouri. Great times and indelible memories. In one 24 hour period I drove through Death Valley, over the Hoover Dam and up the Las Vegas Strip to a delivery in Vegas.

Comment

That sounds absolutely amazing
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I'm presuming you no longer do that job?
            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thats right Lee. This was between 2003 and 2007 and I was then unable to renew my work permit sadly and I returned to the UK.

Comment

What a complete anticlimax that must have been.

The Corsa looks good, and it's nice to have a fellow Manchester United fan here.
                Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Huge !!

And good to have a MU fan in East Yorkshire !!

Comment

Working...
                  X